Water Bodies Rejuvenation
Rejuvenation of Water Bodies (Construction of Nadis)
In a desert region, water is one of the most important resources but a highly scarce commodity. A large amount of time is spent collecting water. Lack of proper storage is one of the major problems as well. Dhara Sansthan got multiple opportunities wherein, it could get associated with several CSR initiatives to build water reservoir for the community and people.
As of now, from the year 2021 to 2023, DHARA is been able to construct a total 280 Nadis in Barmer, Jaipur and Jaisalmer district supported by ATE Chandra Foundation.
- Base line survey
- Find out the perspective Nadis/Block
- Feasibility study
- Community Meeting with Gram Panchayat and villagers
- Get approval and NOC from Gram Panchayat
- Issue PO and finalized vendor for Excavator/JCB/Tractor/Material etc.
- Execute the work as per Plan
- Prepare report and submit
Also received the “Water Warrior Award,” ranking fifth in India for completing similar initiatives and leaving a legacy to end water scarcity since 1995.